Previous Deer Designers

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mixed Media Fun!



Hello Deers!!  Welcome to my last guest post for Deer and Fawn Designs for October. I thought I would share two of my 12X12 layouts using mixed media techniques. (yes, I love them and may be slightly addicted to the messiness!).  The layout above uses watercolours on a gesso background.   I then applied texture paste through a stencil to give some raised surface on the background and added some stamping.   As you will see, the green heart uses the texture paste stencilled technique and once dry is then painted with watercolour paints.  A bit of fussy cutting of some patterned paper I had in my stash for the rest of the background, a few embellishments and layout complete! And a gorgeous photo of my boys of course!


This next layout is on black cardstock – I love the way the colours pop on this gesso background also.  I used a number of gelatos to create a colourful back drop.  Once applied, I like to smudge the gelatos with a baby wipe or a wet finger – on the gesso, this really helps the colours smooth out nicely.  I used a number of embellishments on this layout, including a 6X4 Project Life card cut down to mat the photo on.  I love the gold bling on this layout and clustering of embellies in the right bottom corner.   

I hope you enjoyed my time as a guest designer here on the blog. Thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment