Previous Deer Designers

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Tam's Beach Layout

Hi everyone, Tam here.  I'm sharing my second layout that I created on the weekend.

This layout was one of those that come out of a big whoopsie!

I had quickly grabbed some Distress Ink, pulled off the top, and was ready to start splodging on the page with the sponge tip....but what I didn't notice was that the entire lid had come off, and paint poured onto my cardstock - a pretty big blob.  Aaargh!  I quickly grabbed a scrapey thing (aka an old credit card) and smeared the paint around a little.  And I loved the results!
I impatiently waited for it to dry because suddenly I had a total new plan for the layout.  I loved the new direction it took me in.
So don't ever think that you have 'stuffed' your layout.....often my favourite layouts come from 'fixing' mistakes - it pushes me out of my comfort zone!  In this instance I think I may just have discovered a new technique, that knowing me I will probably do to death on my layouts.....haha 

Here's the result:
out for publication
And a close up.....

out for publication

I love the photo, taken of my beautiful girl on a recent trip with special friends to Carrickalinga.  Really beautiful beaches down that way, and we have a wonderful couple of days relaxing and unwinding.  

Deer and Fawn Designs Products used:
Bo Bunny Misc Me Boardwalk 6x6 Paper Pad
Bo Bunny Misc Me Boardwalk Journal Contents
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Serendipity Watercolor Words
American Crafts Shimelle True Stories Ephemera
Washi
Paper Doily

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, that new 'technique' [cough cough!!!] is AWESOME!!! Might have to spill some ink on my page, LOL! Loving that big feather, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lizzy Hill! Yes, cough cough a very technical technique. xx

      Delete