Previous Deer Designers

Friday, June 12, 2015

Tam's take on the June Challenge

Hi Everyone
This month's challenge is a sketch  - I LOVE sketches! The fabulous Connie designed this one for the Deer and Fawn Challenge and I've been itching to have a go ever since I saw it.  Life's been so busy, and time is flying by,  however yesterday I MADE the time.

So in case you missed it, here's the sketch:
And here's my take on it:

 
I had so much fun with this one!
For those of you on facebook, I recently popped up a few pics as I'd finally treated myself and ordered the Prima Watercolour Pencils from my favourite online store Deer and Fawn.  I was so excited to get them, and they arrived just as we were heading away for the long weekend.  I threw them in with an art journal and managed to 'play' a little whilst away. 
I LOVE them! and just knew I needed to create some backgrounds with them.  They are so easy to use.
To create the background I actually applied some water with a paintbrush to the paper first, and then rubbed my wet brush into the lead of the pencils and kind of just dabbed it on.  I really loved the splodged natural look. 
To create the yellow circles, I drew and coloured in a circle directly to my page, and then went over it with a wet brush. This technique gives a more precise look.   Please note - I then drew a circle shape around the edge with a standard black biro.  I did try using a Sharpie Pen, but it ruined the pen - so please DO NOT try this at home! Lol. Just go with a standard biro.
I also drew circles around the edges of the cut out paper circles, with the Watercolour pencils, and applied a wet brush to this. 
Finally, I also coloured in my chipboard with the pencils and then applied water too. 
I love that these pencils are able to be used in so many ways. 
I also have lots of ideas for Project Life cards.
 
Here's a close up of my page:
 
 
And in case you missed it, here's a pic of my beloved pencils! 
Plus a few ideas I played with.

So have you had a go yet??  Don't forget there's a $30 Deer and Fawn voucher up for grabs!  What have you got to lose?
I look forward to seeing your entries.
Have a lovely weekend - hope there's some creative time in there for you.....

Love Tam
xx

Deer and Fawn Products used:
Prima Watercolour Pencils
Amy Tangerine Rotary Phrase Stamp - Shine
Deer and Fawn Arrow Word Wood Chips
Simple Stories Say Cheese Stickers

1 comment:

  1. Tam this is AMAZING!!! I love it. It looks so awesome. Those pencils look great (may have to get me some lol) .and I love the big black circles. Xxx

    ReplyDelete