Previous Deer Designers

Friday, April 24, 2015

Playing around

Hi everyone
Tammy here, firstly I want to say thankyou for being so welcoming!  It's certainly a lovely little community here at Deer and Fawn Designs.

I am so excited to be a designer. I can't wait to get into it and play with my DT goodies.
I am trying so hard to wait patiently. Everytime someone knocks on the door, I almost jump out of my skin, I tell you its a race to the door - I tackle the kids to get there first, hoping its my box.  I know it will be here soon enough, but I've had  to distract myself from my impatience, so I've been playing!  Yay!
I thought I'd play with the goodies I received with my $30 voucher from Deer and Fawn Designs for the March Challenge.  Here's what I created:


I loved all the bits and pieces I got.  I especially love the colour of that Dylusions Spray - Polished Jade.  Gorgeous! 
I started with some Kraft Paper, and painted gesso in a couple of areas, and around the edges. I then spritzed some large blobs of Dylusions (I sprayed it closely to the page to get a solid blob).  I then tore some pieces of washi and added in pieces over the gesso.  I also added some plasterers mesh tape at this point. To soften these strips I rub a little gesso with my fingers on top. This helps to blend the page together.
I then used a stencil and some texture paste in a couple of areas, to add some texture. 
Finally I stamped very imperfectly and quickly around the edges and on top with the Finnabair Messy Stamp (LOVE LOVE LOVE).
After this I add a few small strips of paper.  For this I often use Project Life Cards - I find them the perfect size, and I seem to have a huge amount of stress cutting into a full sheet of 12x12 paper! Those little 3x4 cards and 4x6 cards are magic! I'm not afraid to chop into them at all, and it really has changed my approach to scrapping. 
I then began adding some embellishment clusters to the side of my photo. I love those Feather Die Cuts.  I decided to make my own feather too with washi tape.  All I did was fold it in half and cut little slits into it.  I then cut it into a sort of feather shape.
Can you see the gorgeous silver heart doily in there? Debbie had packaged my order so nicely, she had wrapped it in brown paper using washi and then this heart doily was around the packaging.  I really couldn't waste it, or the washi tape (yep I've used that too - Can you tell I don't like to waste anything?)
I then added on my title - these Kaiser words look great! I know I'll be using them lots.  Finally I added some wood veneer hearts.

 
I really loved creating this page about my gorgeous daughter.
I hope it inspires you to have a play.
I think the delivery man may get a bit of a shock at my excitement when my box of goodies does arrive!
I'll be back to share again soon.

Tammy
xx

If you'd like to win yourself a $30 voucher of awesome goodies from Deer and Fawn Designs, it's not too late to go in the April Challenge

Deer and Fawn Products used:

Dina Wakley White Gesso
Prima Finnabair Stamp
Die Cut Feathers
Wood Veneer Hearts
Washi Tape
Kaiser Word Stickers
Kaiser Arrow Stamp
Project Life Cards
Silver Doily
Dylusions Spray









No comments:

Post a Comment