Previous Deer Designers

Saturday, March 21, 2015

NEW!!! GOODIES!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!

I am in love with our lovely Debbie (boss lady :)) bringing all the AWESOME mixed media products!!
I am so excited, and my bank account has taken a very hard hit, over the last few weeks. I just can't say no.

So today I am going to share with you a really quick Mixed Media page I have done in my art journal.
I love Dina Wakley! I have brought her new Mixed Media book - Art Journal Courage. I already had her first book -Art Journal Freedom, which is a great book if you are starting on your Mixed Media Journey. Her second book - Art Jounal Courage is even better.


So this art page is a lesson from Art Journal Courage.
I used a combination of acrylic paint, Dylusions Ink sprays and stencils to create my background
Messy FUN!



I decided for the next technique, instead of drawing my lady I would trace a lady I printed from Pinterest. This is a great technique for those who are just starting out, and THINK they can't draw! Everyone can draw. I promise.



Using a sheet of carbon paper, I trace around the printed image on a separate piece of watercolour paper, pressing fairly firm. I only traced the important details, don't worry about trying to get every line/mark.

Using my Stabilo ALL pencil, I went over again to give it a "scribble look". I also added her shoulders, neck line and dress details
Stabilo ALL pencil is water-soluble, so you can use a wet thin paint brush and go over the lines, to give it the painterly look!
I took my watercolour pencils - any brand will work, and added some colour to her hair, face and dress.
Fussy cut her out and glued her down on my background.
To help my lady to become apart of my page, I drew around the edges with my Stabilo ALL pencil and a wet paint brush. I also added a little more aqua and some grey paint. All I had to do now is add me journalling and I am done!

"SHE LOVED" 
Art Journal Page by Connie Hatch
Inspired from Dina Wakley.


Don't you just love her!


If you would like to learn more Mixed Media Techniques, Please leave a comment or let Debbie know!
  

Connie ...xxx

Products

Acrylic Paint - Cheapy one - Medium Yellow, Turquoise, Paynes Grey and White
Stabilo ALL Pencil
Derwent Watercolour Pencils
Carbon Paper
Watercolour Paper
Standard Pencil - for tracing
Fude Ball Black Pen
Delusions Mixed Media Art Journal 



No comments:

Post a Comment