Previous Deer Designers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Monkeying around with Lauren

Hi Deer & Fawn friends!

I am having so much fun being here for September and I am so lucky that I get to play with so many different types of goodies!

One of the things I like to show people is how versatile pocket page cards are - you don't just need to use them for layouts. Today I am showing you a gift and card that I made for my friend's little boy Jack who just turned one!

Debbie sent me a packet of the Pretty Little Studio Silly Monkey - Silly Jessy Pocket Cards (which are available here in the shop) and I thought they would be perfect for Jack's gift - especially as he was having a circus party!


Using a frame from Ikea I made a piece for Jack's room - I also used the Pretty Little Studio Silly Monkey - Silly Freda flair and some of my favourite Pink Paislee Soltice gold stars.  All I needed to add was some alphabets from my stash and some paper. I am so happy with how this frame turned out and I think it will be the perfect addition for Jack's room.


Using one of the other Silly Jessy Pocket Cards and the flair and stars I created a fun card too! To finish off the present I made a little gift tag using coordinating papers, the grey chevron washi and one of the flair. So there you have it - a easy gift set for a cute little boy!



I encourage you all to pull out your pocket page cards and get creative! Think outside the square - you never know what you will come up with! See you next week with another creation xx

No comments:

Post a Comment