Previous Deer Designers

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lights! Camera! Action! - Week 37 with Lauren

Hi Deer & Fawn fans, Lauren here! I hope that you are all having a great week and if you are in Victoria, enjoying the gorgeous spring sunshine!

This is my last week here at Deer & Fawn. I have absolutely loved being the September Guest Designer and I hope that you have loved all of the projects I have made, as much as I have loved creating them!

To refresh your memory I have created: a Project Life and traditional scrapbooking layout predominantly using the Project Life 'Peace, Love & Sunshine' Value Kit; a wedding card using gold as part of the September Challenge; a framed first birthday gift for a little cheeky monkey; and today, my final project is a Project Life spread.


Today I am showing you my Week 37 Layout - using the 'Peace, Love & Sunshine' value kit (which is still available in the store), although the beauty of these kits is that you wouldn't even know that it was from the same kit that I used in my previous layout - they are just so versatile!


One of the things I absolutely adored that Debbie sent me to play with was the Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps' Clear Stamps - these stamps are awesome value and perfect for project life. As you can see I have used them throughout my spread! You should really pick some up in the store as they are just divine, great value and easy to use in any spread. You can see how I cut out the stamped camera image, along with the date stamp, on my title card.

Debbie sent me so many awesome goodies and a few of them were camera related so I thought that I would do a layout with cameras as the consistent element, along with splashes of red (to tie in with the main colour of my week due to an awesome carnival party), washi and cork.



You can see in the left hand side of my layout how I used the cameras along with the red striped banners (which I cut from two of the journalling cards) to really tie the layout together.

The cork Studio Calico cameras are so awesome and to continue the cork theme I pulled out some cork alphas that I had left over from a previous project. I even had the letters I needed, which as you all know isn't often the case!



This week I was documenting a couple of big events (a christening and a first birthday) along with some snapshots of everyday life - a lunch with friends, a hair cut and so many other things. This kit, along with the focus of cameras, was perfect to document the week. It reminds us that we need to document the everyday moments, like haircuts, alongside the big events.

So there you have it, my Week 37. Aside from the alphabet stickers, this layout was created exclusively using items from the Deer & Fawn store.

I have absolutely loved my time as the September Guest Designer. Thank you so much to Debbie for having me, it's been so much fun to create with all of these yummy goodies. To keep up to date with my creations make sure you visit me in my little part of the internet - Love.Life.Lauren. Keep smiling, Lauren xx


No comments:

Post a Comment